Answered By: Leigh Gagnier Last Updated: Sep 02, 2016 Views: 195
Current NSCC Students and Staff are able to freely borrow materials from any Novanet Library, either in person or through their document delivery service, Novanet Express.
To order from a Novanet Library:
1. Search for the item in the catalogue.
2. Click on the Find in Library/Request tab to display the available locations.
3. Click on the + next to the library with an available copy to expand the selection.
4. Click on Sign in to request on the right hand side.
5. In the next screen, login using your 14-digit library barcode & PIN (default is last 4 digits of your phone number). Click Login
6. The next screen will look similar to the first image above. Click Hold on the right (where you clicked to sign in) to request the item.
7. The next screen will ask you to choose the pick up location from the drop down menu (Your campus Library will be at the top).
8. Click Hold. You will get an email from the Library when the item is available to pick up.
If the book you want is not in the Novanet Catalogue, you can request it through NSCC's Document Delivery Service. Access the form here Document Delivery Request.
- Login using your 14-digit library barcode & PIN.
- Select Book from the top left side and fill out as much information as you can including Book Title, Author/Editor, ISBN, Publication Date, and Publisher.
- Your contact information and pickup location should auto-fill but double check that it is correct.
- Click Submit.
The Interlibrary Loan service is only for currently-registered students, staff and faculty of NSCC. The general public must use the public library system to get books outside of the Novanet system. The Novanet Express service is available to members of the public registered with a Novanet Library.
If you have questions about ordering books from other libraries visit, call or email your Campus Library (or the one nearest you).